01 November 2010

Who Is The Worst Blogger In The World?

I am. I have not blogged in over 6 weeks. I abandoned my beloved followers the entire month of October and most of September. Nevertheless, I have a valid excuse. This being a double major in two reading and writing intensive fields--English and history--means one gets an ample serving of homework. The homework itself does not bother me. In fact, nerdy me rather enjoys the homework. Nerdy me does not enjoy how much it has cut into my online time. *sniffle*

Therefore, I apologize for my prolonged absence, both from blogging and the internet in general. I have neglected crits, personal messages, blog posts, and a whole slew of other things that I have truly hated missing, and I am so sorry about that! Forgive me! :( I am trying to catch up, but it’s going to be awhile.

To give a quick update about myself:

  • I have been reading a lot. And at some point, not sure when, I will update you with reviews of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Things Fall Apart, The Dead, Death of a Salesman, A Streetcar Named Desire, a slew of short stories, and a certain book entitled Mockingjay.
  • I have been writing a lot. So far this semester, I have written a poetry explication on Robert Frost's "Home Burial," an analysis of Charlotte Perkins Gilman's "The Yellow Wallpaper," an essay on plagiarism, and a ton of in class assignments and am currently working on an analysis of A Streetcar Named Desire, a rhetorical analysis of my own writing, a research proposal on the Russian Revolution, a research paper on the history of Nigeria, and an explication of The Picture of Dorian Gray. In other words, it may be awhile before you get another update from me . . .
  • Before I moved away to college, I didn't go to bed before midnight because I was a night owl. Now I wish I could go to bed before midnight but never have a chance.
  • The cafeteria is still going well. I have become a master of crafting pizzas *ninja pose* and dismantling the salad bar *special ninja pose* and scanning student ID cards *extra special ninja pose* and sometimes making correct change *extra special ninja pose with a cherry on top*. I am also slowly mastering the art of being a cook's help, though that's a bit more tricky *occasionally extra special super ninja pose with a cherry on top mixed with the more regular epic ninja fail sulk pose*.
  • I have joined Sigma Tau Delta, the English honors society. Basically, this means I meet with fellow bookworms a couple of times a month to plan extra nerdy events. My personal favorite was our celebration of Frodo and Bilbo's birthdays, complete with cake. ^^
  • I have learned that as much as I love history and still intend to major in it, my true passion is in English and that’s probably what I am going to go to grad school for.
  • Since I have been forced off of the internet and don't have time to read anything but what I am mandated to read by fear of failing grades, I have been listening to a lot of music lately. I find it soothing to listen to music as I type. So . . . I have been rediscovering my love for Evanescence and classical music and The Doors and Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd. I used to prefer the darker Roger Waters-era stuff--and still love it with a passion--but I need to find a mental happy place and not a mental not-so-happy place, so the more whimsical Barrett stuff works for me right now. Besides, who doesn't love poor Syd, The Crazy Diamond?! Don't argue with me. I will hurt you. *psychedelic ninja pose*
  • My first homecoming is this week. As someone who hates dancing and is a social recluse, I am somewhat relieved that I will be working through most of it. Haha Not that anyone has asked me to any of the events anyway . . .
  • If you never leave your dorm except to go to class, work, or eat, people will think you’re a little odd. Who me?
  • I have become an even bigger grammar geek than I was. Just warning any of you poor souls who are expecting a crit from me whenever I get a chance. I'm sorry. Blame my grammar class. I will say, in my own defense, that my grammar geekiness has taken on a less malicious tone and is now just a general infatuation with the structure of grammar. So . . . I am less likely to notice only when something is wrong and more likely to stop reading an email and happily exclaim, “That’s a past participial phrase!” In case you’re wondering, you’re right--I have no life.
  • My infatuation with Oreos has gotten worse. I snack on them almost nightly. I have five packages of Oreos in my room right now.
  • My already idiosyncratic eating habits have gotten crazier. Eating in a cafeteria--even a good one, which our college has--means that sometimes you're reduced to eating Cheerios for lunch. Yes, I have done this. Yes, I have done it more than once. Yes, it was good. Don't claim you wouldn't do the same thing.
  • As hard as it may be to believe, I have lost weight at college. So much for the freshman fifteen. Okay, okay, I am technically a junior, but I’m still new here.
  • I have become a connoisseur of microwavable meals. There was one brand that had excellent alfredo, so I bought all of their other pasta meals. I have thrown out all of their other pasta meals because they were inedible.
  • I just learned my spell check does not recognize alfredo as a word. What a sad life you live, Mr. Spell Check.
  • I went to a Career Day my college hosted to gather info on potential grad schools and ended up freaking out the recruiters for the State Department.
  • I stayed up to nearly one in the morning sitting on a sidewalk with two fellow nerds and freaked out security. Apparently, their first assumption is that three college students sitting on the sidewalk late at night are intoxicated or high . . . We were only talking and plotting nerdy mischief and were stone cold sober! Thus, we became determined to stay out later than the security guy’s shift. We won. :D
  • I am good at freaking people out.
  • I really have to go, but I want to say that I shall post again as soon as possible, but that probably will not be until my Thanksgiving break. Until then, have fun! :)

So . . . how is life? Update me! :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Six weeks? I thought I was bad!
    It's not that big a deal though, you have a life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought my homework load was bad. You have way more than I do :S

    Good to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have been having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zella, you could not possibly be the worst blogger to ever inhabit the planet. You have many academic responsibilities to attend to, so it entirely reasonable that the blogging would take a backseat to those academic responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I'm glad that you are smart enough to put your studies over blogging. Otherwise, we would have an even bigger problem.

    But I've missed you so much!! I too plan on catching up on all my homework over Thanksgiving break, though it is much less than your load.

    The answer to the question-title is NOT ZELLA!

    Keep up all the good/hard work! It'll pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, I totally feel you on the sleep thing. I average bedtime around 3AM, often 4. Naps between classes FTW. :P Also, I started eating Oreos on a fairly regular basis because of you. :) I have...a big box containing 8 packages of them in my room right now. People keep threatening to steal them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :O I'm sort of late commenting on this post, aren't I. You are NOT the worst blogger in the world! Well, if so, we share the title. I haven't even checked dashboard in 11 days, apparently. D:
    I'm glad you're doing well! School work is taking me much more time than expected too. The nerdy activities sound fun, I've been going to nerdy events here and there planned for engineering majors or by our floor's RA; nerdy events are the best. ^_^
    Also I suddenly want oreos. Luckily I now know where to get them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all of you for commenting! :D

    Also, thanks for all of the kind words about me not being the world's worst bloggers. You guys are all the best! :)

    ReplyDelete