So, without further adieu, here are five things you may not know about me:
1. My favorite punctuation mark is the apostrophe. I'm a punctuation nerd, so I think all punctuation marks are worthy souls deserving of our friendship, but there's something about the apostrophe that I especially appreciate. Maybe it's the fact that the poor darling is sometimes so maliciously abused. *hugs apostrophes*
2. I am currently obsessed with the English folk rock band Mumford and Sons. *looks at Scott, who started this whole obsession* My favorite song is a tie between "Thistles and Weed" and "Dustbowl Dance," which has Steinbeck references. How can I not love a band that features Steinbeck references in their lyrics?!
3. I am studying English and history at college and considering adding a minor in writing. (I already have to take three of the classes required for said minor to be an English major, so why not just take three more classes and get a nifty minor out of it?) The two historical periods I am most fascinated with are the Russian Revolution of 1917 and Nazi Germany. However, I can't make up my mind whether my favorite literary period is 19th century Gothic or 20th century modernism. I need to make up my mind before graduate school, though I am leaning a bit more toward modernism just because it fits my historical period of interest.
4. I am severely obsessive compulsive. I am one of those people who walks back to make sure her car or home door is locked several times before being satisfied, though I recognize that if it was locked the first time, it will not magically unlock itself. My mind can be a silly thing. :P
5. I don't have a favorite book or movie. I know that not having a favorite book sounds terrible for an English major, but I just can't pick one. Maybe if we went by author or genre, I could start a list of favorites. But picking an absolute favorite? That's nigh impossible. Oddly, I don't have that problem with music. Pink Floyd is favorite band, hands-down. *is a fickle child*